What Is Black Mold?
As you have seen in many different news reports there are many dangers of mold, especially black or toxic mold. It is important to understand the facts regarding mold so that these types of reports are not as shocking. SERVPRO of Brickell is a trusted source of factual knowledge surrounding mold and its properties. We ensure that our mold remediation team is armed with the not only the right protective equipment, but also, the highest level of training in mold remediation.
Many types of mold have the potential to produce allergens and irritants and therefore it is crucial that you stay away from it once you have discovered it in your Miami home or business. Be sure to neither touch nor disturb the mold found and treat it with extreme caution. Call our dedicated mold remediation team immediately to come out and assess the situation.
If you would like to learn more about mold and what you should do until we arrive, visit our Mold Damage Tips.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Brickell immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (305) 643-0710
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Brickell is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Downtown Miami
- Design District
- Brickell Key